http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

I am cycling all this way, covering roughly 3500 miles to try and raise money for my two chosen charities:

The Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team and WaterAid.

Please help me to support those in need by clicking on my charity page link below and donating:

http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

Thank you and big cuddles to those who donate!

Saturday 11 December 2010

Bangkok...

We ended up spending 5 days in Bangkok with the last one spent researching the route ahead. Bangkok is pretty crazy but actually far more structured and western than I had imagined. We stayed in the old town area where the metro or sky trains haven’t quite reached out to yet, so to get anywhere we always had to get a tuk-tuk or taxi first, which we then spent at least 30 minutes stuck in traffic somewhere as the roads are so atrociously rammed with far too many vehicles. Most of our outgoings that week were spent on transport as the city is so big. It’s very different to the previous cities I have visited on this trip which were all walk able.

Here are the sights we saw in pictures:

Grand Palace
Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo
Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo
Scary weird statue at the Bangkok Cultural Arts Centre
Awesome sketches at the Bangkok Cultural Arts Centre
More strange stuff at the Bangkok Cultural Arts Centre
Jim Thompson's House - pioneer of Thai silk
Eating in the road in crazy Chinatown
Huge reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
More gold at Wat Pho
Relaxing on the red and gold beds in the best Indian restaurant in Bangkok with a Shisha!

One rather blog-worthy story that happened to me in Bangkok involves a cockroach. I am usually OK with bugs and spiders, but I hate cockroaches. I can just about dodge them and skip round them in the street without too loud a whimper. On our last night in Bangkok after packing up and everything was ready to go, I lay on the bed in our hotel room with my arms spread out, a little tired. All of a sudden I saw something move at the speed of light in the corner of my eye and before I could move, this thumb-sized cockroach ran across the bed, up onto my arm and into the scrunched up bed sheets. To say I screamed was an understatement. Holy crap, I have never moved so fast in my life. Urgh! It crawled on my Arrrrrrrmmmmmm!!!!!! I shiver just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment