http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

I am cycling all this way, covering roughly 3500 miles to try and raise money for my two chosen charities:

The Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team and WaterAid.

Please help me to support those in need by clicking on my charity page link below and donating:

http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

Thank you and big cuddles to those who donate!

Saturday 25 August 2012

Final words.....

We returned to the UK in February 2011 and I realise that I am posting this in August 2012 - nearly a year and a half later. I think this is a good enough example to show just how crazy my life or rather our life has been since returning from our trip. 
 
I want to say thank you to Kris for letting me join him on his amazing journey around half the world on his bike. It is unfortunate that it didn't work out while we were traveling together, however I hope he is happy and enjoying life.

I mostly want to thank James for dropping everything to come and join me, and continue our trip together. He resigned from two consulting jobs that he was successful at, turned down a further job offer, left his children for 3 months, and left his house, and didn't celebrate Christmas, New Year and his 40th birthday with any of his family. I don't think he will ever know how much that meant to me. 

What I didn't mention in my blog was on Tioman Island in Malaysia, James asked me to marry him. I didn't put it in my blog because I didn't give him an answer at the time! As cruel as that may have been, I am a sensible girl and I wanted it to be completely right. Since returning, I have said yes and we are due to marry in December 2012. I am very happy. 

We also now have a house in Somerset where we spend most of our free time and so James can spend the weekends with his children. I am going to be a Step-Mum!

I have since had a huge career change. In Feb 2012, I started as a Police Officer. I am still going through basic training. It was the biggest decision of my life and one that was not made lightly. This was mainly because I applied three years ago and as you can probably guess; my life has changed just a little bit since then. I wasn’t sure whether I wanted it anymore. The Police is not just a job, it is a lifestyle. After two stressful and emotional months, I finally decided I needed to give it a go and even turned down the offer of a Masters in my current role. Again thank you Christina for being so supportive and understanding!

James too has had big career changes. After 10 years of running his successful business, he is now a permanent employee of a large international company. I am proud of him taking the lunge when things were already a little unsettled with my big changes and I want to thank him for listening to me try and rationalise things!

Life is all go-go-go. 2012 has seen us move into a new house and re-decorate it, new jobs for both of us, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, exams, the Olympics, wedding planning and more exams! We are maxed out, but we ground each other by remembering how amazing our cycle trip by reminiscing as much as we can, all 3442 miles of it. 

I would also like to say a final MASSIVE thank you to everyone who donated to my two charities before, during and after my trip. Your support has been truly amazing. Having a grand total figure of just over a pound a mile really kept me going through the heat, sweat and tears of it all. At the time of writing, the figure is £3,527.00

To anyone reading this and feels inspired, my charity page is still open: www.charitygiving.co.uk/georgieisabel

If anything I hope it encourages you to get on your bike more!

No comments:

Post a Comment