http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

I am cycling all this way, covering roughly 3500 miles to try and raise money for my two chosen charities:

The Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team and WaterAid.

Please help me to support those in need by clicking on my charity page link below and donating:

http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

Thank you and big cuddles to those who donate!

Thursday 9 September 2010

Final Thanks and Goodbyes...

After waving goodbye to my housemates, I cried nearly the whole way to the airport, and then again at the airport. I think the reality of it all and the fact I'm leaving all my beautiful friends and family behind finally hit. I'd been so blasé about it all, up until now.

I want to take time to thank a few people (in no particular order):

My fabulous housemates - Thank you for putting up with my bikes all over the house.

Michelle Akehurst - thank you for helping me with my decision making and putting up with my dramas!

To my parents - thank you for pointing out all the worst possible scenarios both while I am here and when I get back. I know this is your weird way of saying you love me. I hope you are proud of what I am about to achieve.

To everyone at Thames for supporting me!

To EVERYONE who has donated so far! C'mon people who haven't - get donating!

And lastly, thank you to James Mitchell for all your help, support and research before my trip - I really appreciate it!

Now, I am sat in the common room in the hostel in Hanoi. I am exhausted after traveling for over 24 hours but trying to stay up so I can sleep through in Vietnam time. The flight and connections were very straight forward, stress-free and easy. And thanks to Kris for picking me up at the airport and organising hostels!

So now, I will spend a few days to get over the time difference, do some sight seeing and rebuild Sally (my bike). Next week we'll be on the move on the bikes and the adventure begins! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment