http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

I am cycling all this way, covering roughly 3500 miles to try and raise money for my two chosen charities:

The Beachy Head Chaplaincy Team and WaterAid.

Please help me to support those in need by clicking on my charity page link below and donating:

http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/georginaadey

Thank you and big cuddles to those who donate!

Sunday 12 September 2010

More learnt about Hanoi

Because yesterday was taken up mostly by rebuilding Sally, today was spent doing a lot walking around the city. It seems that the wider the streets, the richer or more official the area. Although these streets are pretty, with very wide roads (four lanes sometimes) with trees along the side of the pavements, they are boring. I wanted to find the real Hanoi. Going down narrower roads is a good start. It seems the narrower the road, the more that you get a visual overload. I also discovered, the narrower roads have a higher concentration of people, and this is when the poverty begins. Pictures decribe this better...


A lady barters with an on-the-go grocery man. 


Interesting looking food! I couldn't work out what the jellied grey stuff was, but it looked vile!


Although the children playing here looked happy, I can't imagine these people chose to live here.


A closer look of the one above.


Gents on the street playing Chinese checkers, getting very competitive in the heat of the game.

 

Contrast. 3 beautiful girls in traditional Vietnamese dress, more than happy for me to take their picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment